The newly developed Matilda Room boasts a double-story, modernised venue overlooking the racecourse with floor to ceiling windows, full bar and experienced in-house catering. The Matilda Room located on level one includes a large multipurpose space with a lounge bar & gas log fireplace, main bar, full commercial kitchen and an outdoor deck & bar. Our ground floor is the home of the Grand Annual Cafe & Foxboy Bar, perfect for an intimate birthday celebration.
Matilda Room Gallery
Experienced in-house catering
Access to Outdoor Deck and Bar area
Floor to ceiling windows with racetrack views
Committee Room available for bridal party
Ability to seat up to 450 guests
State of the art PA system and AV
Matilda Room Key Information
Grand Annual Cafe & Foxboy Bar – $400
(Capacity) Seated | 120
Standing | 200
The Deck – $550
Matilda One – $660
Seated (round tables) | 250
Seated (rectangle tables) | 300
Standing | 400
Matilda One & Deck – $770
Matilda Two & Lounge Bar – $660
Seated (round tables) | 100
Seated (rectangle tables) | 150
Standing | 200
Matilda Two, Lounge Bar & Deck – $770
Full Matilda Room – $990
Seated (round tables) | 350
Seated (rectangle tables) | 450
Standing | 600
MATILDA ROOM HIRE INCLUSIONS:
• Tables & chairs
• Tableware, glassware & linen
• Elevator access
• Portable Dancefloor
• State of the art PA system & AV
GRAND ANNUAL CAFÉ & FOXBOY BAR INCLUSIONS:
• Tables (café & bar)
• Chairs and Stools
• State-of-art PA System
*Additional furniture may need to be hired in, depending on the size of your event. Please contact the club for additional features available.
- Confirmation of a venue hire must be made within seven (7) days of a tentative reservation with the Booking Form returned.
- Venue Hire Fee of $400-990 (inc. GST) is to be paid in full at time of booking.
- 10% discount on Venue Hire applies only to WRC Members, Colts & Fillies Members, Galleywood Club sponsors and Feature Race Day sponsors, provided they are financial at time of booking. To receive the 10% discount a minimum booking of 50pax is required. Any discounts and rewards cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
- If confirmation is not received within seven (7) days, Warrnambool Racing Club (WRC) reserves the right to cancel a booking and allocate the venue to another client. WRC reserves the right to cancel or postpone a tentative booking at any time should a race meeting be allocated on the date.
- In the event of a cancellation made more than 12 months prior to the event date, WRC will provide a full refund of the Venue Hire Fee.
- In the event of a cancellation made less than 12 months prior to the event date, the Venue Hire Fee is non-refundable, unless another client hires the venue on the cancelled date, in which WRC will provide a full refund.
- All venue hirers must be over 18 years of age.
- Under no circumstances will 18th birthday parties be allowed and individuals booking venues under false pretences will forfeit their booking fee and the booking will be cancelled.
- Hirer must provide a valid credit card at time of the booking.
- If there is any damage to the venue, furniture or equipment, or any cleaning is required, WRC will contact the hirer and charge the costs of the damages to the credit card provided.
- Full payment of the total function cost must be paid within seven (7) days after the function either by direct debit, cash, credit card or eftpos.
- Final number of confirmed guests is required in writing seven (7) days prior to function date. If final numbers are not confirmed, an invoice will be issued for the estimated number of guests originally advised upon booking whether or not full attendance is received.
Public Holiday Surcharge:
- All functions held on a Victorian Public Holiday will incur a 15% surcharge on total invoice.
Access & Use of Venue:
- Client can access venue within office hours between 9am – 4pm a day prior to their function (subject to availability) or by prior arrangement with WRC.
- Unless approved by WRC prior to function, no signs, displays, labels or decorations are to be nailed, screwed, taped, stapled or adhered to any surface or part of the venue.
- Pyrotechnics and unauthorised use of candles are not permitted.
- Venue management reserves the right to control the quality and volume of all entertainment.
- Alcohol will not be served to any entertainers unless given permission by the client.
- Guests & suppliers are to enter via Grafton Road.
- All guest vehicles are required to be cleared by the end of the function. To avoid vehicles being locked within the venue, encourage guests to park outside gated area if leaving vehicle overnight.
Smoking and Responsible Service of Alcohol:
- No smoking is allowed inside any WRC venue, and is only permitted outside in designated smoking areas.
- WRC follows guidelines for responsible service of alcohol and staff members are instructed to adhere to WRC house policy and the legislation and regulations under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998.
- No alcohol is to be brought onto the premises.
- No glass is to be removed from the Matilda Room.
- Venue management reserves the right to exclude or eject any objectionable persons from the premises, stop entertainment, game or other activity which is their opinion is illegal, improper, indecent or unsafe and is likely a nuisance.
- WRC will take necessary care, but does not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of goods left on the premises prior to, during, or after the event.
CONTACT US TODAY TO HELP BRING YOUR CELEBRATION TO LIFE!
Phone: (03) 5562 2211
Grafton Road, Warrnambool VIC 3280, Australia
PO Box 48, Warrnambool 3280